Hanko Film Festival is arranged for the 18th time and takes place between the 4th – 10th of November 2016. This year’s festival cinemas are Kino Olympia, Regatta, and the Town Hall.
The festival program includes interesting Finnish premiers as well as documentaries from Hanko:
- Samurai Rauni Repo Saarelainen. A modern Finnish action film.
- Danny. Tells the story of Danny, a Finnish artist.
- Kuuletko hiljaisuutta. About the dialogue between man and nature on the Hanko peninsula.
- Made in Hanko – how industrial production came to town and what happened then.
- Hanko vuonna nolla. A documentary about greed and a divided town.
- Koverhar – kreativ förstöresle. A documentary about the structural changes in Hanko.
You can find more information on the festival’s homepage www.hangonelokuvajuhlat.fi (Finnish only).
When it comes to accommodation it’s always a good idea to book your room in good time, especially for the opening weekend. Hotel Villa Maija offers cozy and unique accommodation in Hanko. You can conveniently make your reservation through our online booking system.
Welcome to the film festival!